This post originally appeared at Blissfully Domestic, February 18, 2009.
When it comes to organizing supplies for digital scrapbooking, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. To put it mildly, getting your digi-stash in order can be a bitâ€¦ frustrating. Youâ€™ve got a folder full of papers, elements and alphas, but how will you ever find them again? There are quite a few options and the choice need not be confusing.
This step-by-step approach will help you get it done, digi-style. As a bonus, this method can be used to organize your photos as well!
1. Find your organizational style – The first step is figuring out how much minutia you can handle. It’s OK to not be detail oriented, but best to know that about yourself.
2. Select the right tool – If you’re comfortable stepping into software, there are a lot of choices compatible with both PC and Mac systems.
3. Is ACDSee Photo Manager for you? – This application is a favorite among hardcore digi-scrappers and it is not hard to see why.
4. Are you an Apple fan? – Mac users are special (not that I’m biased) and have a few additional options when it comes to getting organized.
5. Use common sense – Keep your wits about you and your goal in mind when you get started organizing. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Only YOU can decide the best way to keep your digital scrapbooking supplies neat and tidy. Now take these 5 steps and make them work for YOU.
Would you like to spend less time organizing?
Enjoy your creative practice even more when you learn our very best strategies for keeping clutter at bay in this free four-part mini masterclass.