As part of our Simple Tip Saturday series, we’re inviting fresh voices into the mix. Today we’re hearing from Simple Scrapper team member Jamie Leija with her simple tip.
What is one way you simplify scrapbooking?
- Pinterest-specifically my Layout, Crafts & Craft Inspiration boards
- BlogLovin-my blog reader
- Simple Scrapper-either looking back through old Spark mags or browsing the sketch and Story Starter archive.
What problem does it solve for you?
Why do you think it works so well?
Since I’m only looking in these three very specific places, I’m not getting lost down an internet rabbit hole. It feels very focused and about 95% of the time, gives me exactly what I need.
How can others get started with it?
- Sign up for Pinterest, if you haven’t already.
- Search for Scrapbooking or Project Life Inspiration Boards (or whatever else floats your boat) and start pinning your favorites.
- Utilize a blog reader. BlogLovin and Feedly are two I know of, although I’m sure there are others out there.
- Refer back to the large archive of Simple Scrapper content. Jennifer has done a great job of compiling everything in a few spots in the membership area. If you’re in the mood to look at visual inspiration, start with Spark. Have some photos but don’t know what to do with them, browse the Sketches & Templates. Or, if you just are looking for ideas to make pages about, click through the Story Starters. There are 4 years worth of ideas there, that’s nearly 600 prompts to get you going.