It’s a no-frills forum that will allow readers to better help each other with all aspects of digital memory keeping and online life. I am not looking to create a new hangout;Â there are plenty of those.
I want to offer a safe place where you can ask any question, no matter how basic or crazy you think it is. For this reason, I’m keeping the forum closed to registered users only for now.
There are three areas of discussion:
- Comments on the Forum
- Ask Simple Scrapper
- Scrappers Give Thanks
I’d like to use the Scrappers Give Thanks challenge as a pilot test of using the forum for a time-constrained activity. I’ll also be monitoring how the Ask Simple Scrapper area gets used. Any thoughts, questions, comments, or criticism you have will be thoughtfully considered.
If this works out, the forum will stick around and find a home in the navigation bar. If it doesn’t, then we can say we tried it out! I’m game, are you?
How to register for the forum
- Visit the forum and click on the tiny man in the top-right corner.
- Fill in your username and email address. Answer the math question.
- Press the register button and then close the window when the login screen comes up.
- Check your email for the temporary password.
- Click the link in your email to log in with your username and password.
- You will be immediately directed to the profile area where you can upload an avatar and change your password.
- To get into the forum from this screen, click on the small white and blue boxes in the top right of the profile area.
- Alternately, you can always get to the forum using simplescrapper.com/forum.
- Use the little key icon to log in during future visits.