"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." - Gilbert Chesterton
- My daughter and I have been recovering from a not-fun virus that hit us with a 1-2 punch. While ailing on the couch, I coached my husband through using the DSLR in aperture priority mode, importing his photos with Bridge, and editing them with Lightroom. He did very well and I am a proud wife!
- Right before we got sick, the process of setting up a real office and creative space began. Over this next week I plan on finishing the dejunking process of the room and hopefully begin painting. Like my daughter's room pre-makeover, this room has dark walls and a dark ceiling. It is going to take several coats to brighten it up.
- Part of this stems from our decision to remain in this house for a while longer. We toured a ton of potential options (we rent), but did not find a good fit for us right now. Thus, we're actively working on several plans to capture more space and make our right-now house even more of a home for us.
- Actual scrapbooking has taken a backseat temporarily as I recover, work (a lot of Everyday Storyteller shipping is happening), push forward on these goals and settle into a summer routine. I've been focusing on journaling regularly and being mindful of taking Instagram photos as often as I can.
What did you do this week? Share your recap in the comments.
- Choose Joy over Comparison from Be More with Less
- When Simple was Easy(er) from Simple Mom
- How to Start a Journal from Making this Home
Every weekend at Simple Scrapper you are invited to join us for reflection on our memory keeping activities as well as our ongoing tradition of sharing simple tips, tutorials and inspiring ideas from around the web.