For over three years, I’ve used a specific five step method for scrapbooking with less stress. Following this step-by-step approach makes it possible to scrapbook when I have pockets of time, since I always know what is next. Scrapbooking should be fun and easy!
Sometimes I’ll deviate from this method because I’m feeling creatively inspired, but I always return to it for easy scrapbook layouts when my mojo isn’t cooperating.
Five Steps for Creating a Scrapbook Layout
- Choose 2-5 images that tell a story and make you happy.
- Find a sketch or template that fits the number of photos selected.
- Select a non-thematic digital or paper kit that goes-with-anything.
- Assemble the layout without adhesive, layering from the bottom up.
- Rearrange if needed, adhere and embellish the layout.
Each of these steps can be completed in a separate sitting and should take no more than 15 minutes. Set a timer if you need help making decisions. Focus on moving forward over perfection.
Do you have your own foolproof process for creating scrapbook pages? Share it in the comments.