If you’re anything like me, you sometimes have a tough time using journaling tags. These cute elements that many designers create leave me thinking “where does this go?” I am much more comfortable adding my journaling directly on the page. Whether you suffer from this complex or not, this post will show several creative ways to effectively use journaling tags.
1. Showcase multiple tags across your page to tell your story.
2. Balance your page by using a triad of tags.
3. Use tags for titles and dates.
4. Hang multiple tags from each other.
5. Provide balance to a white space layout with journal strips.
6. Create your own, mirroring the size/shape of a photo
7. Cluster and layer with other elements.
8. Tuck your tag behind a cluster of elements.
In browsing around for these showcase layouts, I am led to believe this challenge afflicts many scrappers. Or maybe you just don’t like to be put in a box, literally. So, how do you feel about journaling tags?
Please enjoy this quick page made from Serene by RW’s Young Love kit.
Download link expired
you know after reading your post I think I am journaling tag challenged. The post today was wonderful and has inspired me to try and use a journaling tag! thanks.
Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Quick Page(s) post on Feb. 16, 2009. Thanks again.
oh you picked some great samples. thank you so much!
Those are some gorgeous LO’s!!
Thank you so much for this post and all of the great ideas & examples!
I am having this problem right now, and your post lead me in the right direction-thank you for sharing your time & talent.
Lovely QP! Thank you!