I was so excited about the warm response to my idea for a work-a-long project. Many of you loved the idea of re-using a kit and many others also wanted to work around a theme. I’ve combined these ideas into what I believe will be a great inaugural event.
As I mentioned, Gotta Pixel will be generously sponsoring our project with gift certificates to the top three winners and one random participant. Are you ready to get going?
This post will give you the guidelines and your first set of instructions. I will follow up every Wednesday this month with your next task. Your final project is due May 31.
I’ve selected a general theme for this project of “Past, Present and Future”, but it is your task to select a specific subject that you love and find inspiring. You will carry this subject through four layouts based on prompts given every Wednesday.
- Start by selecting your subject. It can be a person, place, thing or idea that is important to you.
- Next, choose one full-size kit that you totally love. Ideally, this kit would be one you’ve never scrapped with, perhaps even a new purchase.
- Now, I want you to list four descriptive terms that honor your subject. Be creative and bold with your selections.
- Begin browsing your photo archive for inspiring memories related to your subject or grab that camera and get snapping.
- Share your choices in the comments or on your blog. If you choose the latter, please provide a link to your blog entry in the comments.
- Please post your selections by Tuesday at 11:59PM Eastern. For this initial task only, late entries will not disqualify a participant.
- Weekly entries are due Tuesday night at 11:59PM Eastern, except the final project, which is due at 11:59pm Eastern on May 31. Once submitted entries cannot be changed.
- You must use the weekly template for 3 out of 4 of your layouts.
- You must only use elements and papers from the selected kit. However, you may use alphas and stitching from outside your chosen kit.
- Weekly entries will be subject to a community vote, with results hidden. Community opinion will represent 1/3 of the final score. The remaining 2/3 will be judged by an expert panel, to be announced mid-May.
- Rule Clarification (added on 5/14) – Since the original rules did not state you would be disqualified from the entire project for a late entry, I want to clarify the rules. I hope this is fair to all participants.Â Late entries will not be eligible to receive the community score for that week. However, those entries can be counted towards your final “portfolio” presented for the judges score.
Please let me know if you have any questions by asking here in the comments. I’m really excited about this and can’t wait to share the first task with you on Wednesday!
Four Words: Life, Growth, Inspire, Peace
Kit: Tree Hugger, Dirt Lover by Eva Kipler