I was so excited about the warm response to my idea for a work-a-long project. Many of you loved the idea of re-using a kit and many others also wanted to work around a theme. I’ve combined these ideas into what I believe will be a great inaugural event.
As I mentioned, Gotta Pixel will be generously sponsoring our project with gift certificates to the top three winners and one random participant. Are you ready to get going?
This post will give you the guidelines and your first set of instructions. I will follow up every Wednesday this month with your next task. Your final project is due May 31.
I’ve selected a general theme for this project of “Past, Present and Future”, but it is your task to select a specific subject that you love and find inspiring. You will carry this subject through four layouts based on prompts given every Wednesday.
- Start by selecting your subject. It can be a person, place, thing or idea that is important to you.
- Next, choose one full-size kit that you totally love. Ideally, this kit would be one you’ve never scrapped with, perhaps even a new purchase.
- Now, I want you to list four descriptive terms that honor your subject. Be creative and bold with your selections.
- Begin browsing your photo archive for inspiring memories related to your subject or grab that camera and get snapping.
- Share your choices in the comments or on your blog. If you choose the latter, please provide a link to your blog entry in the comments.
- Please post your selections by Tuesday at 11:59PM Eastern. For this initial task only, late entries will not disqualify a participant.
- Weekly entries are due Tuesday night at 11:59PM Eastern, except the final project, which is due at 11:59pm Eastern on May 31. Once submitted entries cannot be changed.
- You must use the weekly template for 3 out of 4 of your layouts.
- You must only use elements and papers from the selected kit. However, you may use alphas and stitching from outside your chosen kit.
- Weekly entries will be subject to a community vote, with results hidden. Community opinion will represent 1/3 of the final score. The remaining 2/3 will be judged by an expert panel, to be announced mid-May.
- Rule Clarification (added on 5/14) – Since the original rules did not state you would be disqualified from the entire project for a late entry, I want to clarify the rules. I hope this is fair to all participants.Â Late entries will not be eligible to receive the community score for that week. However, those entries can be counted towards your final “portfolio” presented for the judges score.
Please let me know if you have any questions by asking here in the comments. I’m really excited about this and can’t wait to share the first task with you on Wednesday!
Four Words: Life, Growth, Inspire, Peace
Kit: Tree Hugger, Dirt Lover by Eva Kipler
I can hardly wait to get started. This is just the kind of project that I need to start and finish an album. Here are my choices.
My theme is Places We Go. My four words are go, see, learn, understand. I will be using the Carnival kit by Sweet Shoppe Designs.
My subject is family pets. My four words are playful, companionship, lazy and loss. I’m going to use “Playtime” – After 5 Designs collaboration kit.
My theme is going to be learning. My four words are physical, mental, spiritual, and creative. My kit is the by Audacious Designs.
I’m in. Here’s my picks: http://tr.im/kAKy
I’m in! My subject is going to be trees. My words are strong, adaptable, flexible and serene. I will be back with the k it I will use. Have to go through my stash and unzip all my new stuff from the weekend, lol.
I like to play along too. I’m not very original so I’m going for the obvious, Family. My words are Loving, Crazy, Strong and Forever. I’m going with one of my NSD purchases, Lori Davidson’s Rough To The Touch.
ok, it took me a while to figure out what i am going to do, but here it is finally.
i am going to do family. my four words are growth, beginnings, traditions, faith. I am going to use the kit Me and My House by Life Scrappers (its a collab).
Okay, my subject is my Daugher. And my four descriptive words are:
C – Creative
O – Obstinate
R â€“ Radiant
I â€“ Inquisitive
I finally decided on a kit to use for mine. Get Creative Collab from Scrap Artist.
I would love to play too… I will be choosing TRAVEL as a subject… I was going to do my kids, but that is what I scrapbook ALL THE TIME!!! So I decided to do something different… I love traveling. I will be posting my words and my kit soon… Do we need to do a LO with the first template for this week? Thanks for the template and for such a fun and inspiring challenge!!!
Maria – Yes, to be officially entered, you need to submit your first layout before I post the next challenge. Of course, you can play along all month w/ no deadlines, but you won’t be eligible to win the Gotta Pixel $20 gift card.
Jennifer, when does the first assignment due?
The preliminary selections should be submitted no later than Tuesday, May 12 at 11:59pm Eastern, i.e. with your first entry. Ideally, you’ll post them earlier, but you will not be penalized for being late with “Task 0”.
Here are the “parameters” for my project:
Words: D – Dream
R – Relax
E – Explore
The kit that have chosen is: Voyage Kit, by Lilian C aka malacima
I am getting the first LO ready. It will be posted by tonight.
How do I post the LO? Also, should I post a preview of the kit?
You should upload your layout to your favorite gallery and share the link here in the comments. You can simply provide a link to the kit.
Alternately, you can post both on your blog, if you have one.
I changed my theme from Places We Go to Journey. My words will stay the same.
My finished page link:
Please forgive any multiple posts. This is my first time doing this linking.