There is an abundance of high-quality free and paid tutorials for digital scrapbooking. Also, there is a growing number of no-start-date self-paced courses. All of these are fantastic tools to motivate and teach you more about this craft. However, sometimes you want a real-life-person’s attention on you, the student. You want the constraints of class with a fixed start and end point. In this post, I’ll direct you to instructor-led courses ranging from 1 hour to several weeks, all with start dates in the next 6 months and topics to stretch your creativity. Mark your calendars!
- May 14, 2009: Photo Fixes by Digital Scrapbook Memories ($25)
- May 14 – June 10, 2009: Everyone Can Write a Little by Cathy Zielske at Big Picture Scrapbooking ($35, hybrid)
- May 17, 20o9: Pick Up Your Pen (Tool) by Scrapper’s Workshop ($15.95)
- May 20, 2009: Photoshop (and Elements) Tips and Tricks by Scrapper’s Workshhop ($12.95)
- May 21, 2009: Brush Up! – Using Brushes in Photoshop and Elements by Scrapper’s Workshop ($15.95)
- starts July 13, 2009: Unravelling: Ways of Seeing Myself by Susannah Conway ($98)
- August 3-16, 2009: Type + Writer at Jessica Sprague ($30)
- Have a class you’d like to recommend, contact us!
Additionally, The Digital Scrapbook Teacher frequently hosts LIVE courses and demonstrations in Southern California and at major trade conferences. Plus, Digital Scrapbook University hosts classes that are technically self-paced, but include chats and a message board with the instructor. The cost is generally $20-30. Topics for June include:
- Corel Paint Shop Pro: Introduction to Digital Scrapbooking
- Adobe Photoshop Elements: Introduction to Digital Scrapbooking
- Layout Design(2 week class)
- Adobe Photoshop: Montage
Questions for you:
- Have you taken any of these classes?
- Are there great classes that I’ve missed?
- Are there topics that you would LOVE to learn, but no one teaches?