Today’s question is not exclusive toÂ digital scrapbooking, it is a challenge for any family’s memory keeper. How do you organize photo and scrapbook albums?
When I started digital scrapbooking, I completed a set of ~20 layouts capturing highlights of 2008. I printed 12×12 and plopped them into a Pioneer Snapload album. Little did I know that I would soon be a photographing and scrapping mad woman!
Now, with a truckload of DSLR photos and a backlog of layouts to print, I’ve realized I need to
- print 8×8 layouts (to save money),
- use D-ring albums (to save frustration), and
- find a new way to organize my layouts into albums (to save sanity).
I expect I’m not alone in this boat of questions and quandaries. So today, let’s talk album strategy.
- Do you organize photos & layouts chronologically or by theme? If by theme, what are your categories?
- Are you using Stacy Julian’s Library of Memories method? What do you think? Does it work for digital?
- Do big events, like weddings, vacations etc. get handled differently in your system?
Spill the beans and let those of us flopping around in the desert in on your secrets!