With any community you are a part of, whether online or in real life, there will be some kinda of drama. Personalities clash, tough subjects are discussed and competition sometimes gets a little less than friendly.
With a long list of non-scrapbook-related (NSBR) forums and even a smack blog or two, this is certainly true in digital scrapbooking. On one hand, lively debate adds some spice to the conversation. But on the other, everyone’s personal line for what is cordial or inoffensive is different. Whether or not you sense this depends on how often you interact in forums.
So tell me what you think of the drama within our community:
- Do you lurk in forums with heated discussions, i.e. “I just can’t look away”?
- Is the drama easy enough to avoid if you want to? What’s your strategy?
- Do you engage in heated discussions if they seem to be good hearted and among friends?
- Do you thinkÂ “hot topic” forums have a place and is that place in a scrapbooking community?
- Are there drama-free zones you enjoy hanging out?
Let’s not focus here on any specific places that do have drama. This discussion is not about bashing any sites or groups of people. I believe strongly in allowing anyone to say their peace, within the construct of a site owner’s rules. My rules are simply to not attack and to be constructive in your criticism or comment.