Last May, I posted a brief introduction to hybrid scrapbooking. Since then, this sub-community of the digital world has taken off. This month’s DST Insider (must be logged in) is all about hybrid fun and big industry players are getting in on the paper+pixels bandwagon.
With the work you all are doing for Scrappers Give Thanks, I wanted to make this Discussion Friday all about hybrid. One issue that puzzles me, is that we say “hybrid scrapbooking”, but hybrid galleries are full of mostly crafty projects. Is anyone actually doing hybrid scrapbook layouts?
I also have a lot of things on my mind for those that are and are not doing things on the hybrid spectrum:
If you’ve not yet taken the plunge or are just dabbling:
- What intrigues you about hybrid?
- Is hybrid more about projects or layouts to you?
- Have you done all paper projects or layouts in the past?
- What resources do you need to make hybrid accessible?
If you’re already into this crafty intersection of traditional and digital:
- What advice to you have for beginners?
- How can digital scrappers keep hybrid super easy?
- What kind of projects do you do?
- What are your favorite sources for templates?
- Who do you turn to for tips, tricks & tutorials?
As I’ve mentioned, my examples for Scrappers Give Thanks were my first foray into hybrid. Now I see doors opening for completing hybrid layouts, particular in the printer-friendly 8.5×11 size. One of my issues with traditional scrapbooking was the constant need to measure things. With hybrid, I can measure digitally – problem solved! So tell me all about your thoughts on hybrid!