Now we all know that I’m not a super duper Photoshop expert. I know a few tricks here and there, but I’m learning right along with all of you!
One of the techniques I’ve been playing with is making spot adjustments to the eyes to make them sparkle or “pop”. The trick is to keep the adjustments subtle so that the eyes don’t look fake. I’ve discovered it is easier than I thought.
Here are a couple of tutorials/approaches for editing the eyes on a digital photo. I like to offer a variety of sources, even if some of the techniques are similar. I find it helps to read/hear instructions multiple times to get the hang of a new process.
- Making Eyes Pop at The Pioneer Woman
- She’s Got Her Daddy’s Eyes at The Daily Digi
- 3 Photoshop Steps to Eyes that Pop at Digital Photography School
- Lightroom 2 Eye Pop Tutorial at Coffee & Tea Photography *my favorite*
- Awesome Eyes in Photoshop from Photoshop Talent
- Enhancing Eyes using Photoshop from ePhotozine
Do you spend special time on the eyes in your portraits? What is the approach you swear by?