One year ago I first learned about a brand new product that was taking the scrapbooking world by storm. By now, you’ve most likely heard of Kristin Rutten and her Memory Logbook. (Heck, many of you probably even own one!) This post will introduce you to the 2011 Log Your Memory line of products and will include my thoughts on the new collection.
When I first reviewed the 2010 Memory Logbook last December, I was thrilled to see a product designed to help scrapbookers be more organized. While I felt the design was a little green, the premise was stellar. As they say, form follows function, and 2011 has brought both to the table. The 2011 Memory Logbook is an essential tool for simple, productive memory keeping!
I am excited to start using my Logbook, so much that I’ve already begun adding to my stories-to-scrap list! I even bought this beautiful orange Franklin Covey cover to house my coil bound Logbook. I love how it fits perfectly in my tote bag for day-to-day memory keeping.
The new 2011 Log Your Memory lineup includes:
- Wall calendar w/ tear-out challenge cards
- Full year download version (5.5×8.5 & 8.5×11 PDF)
- Full year perfect bound version (5.5×8.5 & 8.5×11)
- Half year spiral bound versions (5.5×8.5 & 8.5×11)
These products are part of a completely streamlined system with:
- Monthly themes, focused on “This is My Life”
- New weekly challenges w/ email reminders
- Page examples, quotes and more!
What I Love
- I love the cleaner look with more space and flexibility for memory keeping
- I love that there are options to fit YOUR memory keeping lifestyle
- I love that each section is easier to find (or customize with the downloads)
- I love how the half-size books perfectly fit Franklin Covey’s classic binders
- Quoting last year’s review, this certainly still holds true: “I love how the Logbook gets back to basics, forcing me to capture my memories with pen and paper.”
What I’d Like to See Next
While I have few gripes about this shining sophomore product, there are a couple of things I’d like to see in the future.
- I’d love to see tabbed dividers included with the printed copies.
- I’d like to see the page space used more effectively, with less edge space.
- I’d like to see LYM transition to a pro-printing set-up (vs. Lulu self-printing), for more control and better pricing.
Your Chance to Win
In lieu of a traditional leave-a-comment giveaway, we’re doing something special with Kristin and Log Your Memory. Tonight at #scrapchat, you’ll have a chance to win my favorite logbook – the half year coil bound A5 size. We’ll be talking all about keeping track of the stories you want to scrap! As always, the chat will be at 9pm central time in the Simple Scrapper chat room. You must be present to win!
Grab Your Logbook Today!
We’ve got a very special today-only coupon code to save 10% on all Log Your Memory products! Use SIMPLE10LOG by midnight tonight to get your discount. Don’t wait!
Disclosure: Simple Scrapper is an affiliate of Log Your Memory and receives a small commission based on books purchased through my link. Additionally, I received the half-year combo set for participating in the Blog Tour and for being a Contributor (see Challenge #44). While Log Your Memory is a long-time sponsor (and friend) of Simple Scrapper, the words contained in this review reflect my honest opinions.