Birthdays may come just once a year, but with scrapbooking those memories can last a lifetime. Scrapbooking these milestones can seem a little trite and boring once you’ve done it a few times. In this post we’ll share 7 new ideas for documenting birthdays in a original, creative ways.
7 Tips for Birthday Scrapbooking
1. Use the occasion to celebrate what’s important to the birthday person right now.
Twelve Today by stacey kingman
2. Tell the whole story on one page with lots of photos and lots of journaling.
3. Capture the special birthday trimmings, especially if the birthday person doesn’t want to smile for the camera.
4. Scrap the hybrid projects you created for the event, using some of the same artwork.
5. Document how the entire family celebrates a special event, using symmetry in the photos.
Sweet Treats by mommy2blueeyes
6. Share the birthday story from the birthday person’s perspective, even if she’s too young to talk.
7. Schedule an impromptu photo shoot to commemorate the birthday person’s special day.
How do you scrapbook birthdays? Share a tip in the comments!
Love these LO’s!! Especially the idea of using pictures to make a birthday cake!
I love using leftover decorations and wrapping paper for birthday LO’s. Crepe paper streamers, tissue from gift bags, pieces from paper plates/napkins/cups, and any other decorations are great for backgrounds and accents.
What an awesome idea – there are always great colors and patterns in the decor!
I love these! The colors are great! So sweet 🙂 I am going to be working on a birthday layout too!!!
Thanks so much for sharing my layout here. Love all the different projects too! Great site!
Great layouts – great ideas! TFS!!! My turn to try… Wish me luck!
I love the idea of celebrating what is important to the honoree right now. Especially for children, this changes so much from year to year – it would be fun to chronicle.
Awesome ideas…just what I was looking for…our birthday pic are getting pretty boring…