I‘m really excited to be joining Ali Edwards (and thousands of other scrapbookers) for the second year in creating a December Daily album. My approach for this project focuses on documenting 25 stories of the entire holiday season without particular emphasis on the specific date.
My album is 6×6 with a strong theme of squares throughout. Below are my foundation pages. All papers are from my stash and none are from Christmas lines. The only new items I purchased were clear stamps – a few holiday and number sets – that you’ll see me using during December.
The lines on the solid pages were hand-drawn using a ruler and an Extra Fine Point Sharpie Poster Paint Pen.
The yellow sticky notes represent pages that will have a full 6×6 photo adhered.
Spreads 14-23 are duplicates.
The clear Santa piece was attached to clear craft plastic using the Tiny Attacher.
I’ll be using the 2×2 punch extensively to cut squares photos and memorabilia.
- American Crafts Vanilla cardstock
- Bazzill Kraft cardstock
- Bazzill White cardstock
- Cosmo Cricket From A to Z paper
- Echo Park Apron Strings paper
- Echo Park Fabric Store paper
- Echo Park Lace Stripes paper
- The Girls Paperie Days Away paper
- Hambly Chicken Coop Green overlay
- Simple Stories Hello Sunshine paper
- Grafix Clear Craft Plastic
- Manila shipping tags
- Red baker’s twine
- Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
- American Crafts Love button
- American Crafts Vanilla Doll Thickers
- Marvy Uchida 2″x2″ Square punch
- McGill File Tab punch
- WRMK Stub & Deco Corner Chomper
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Crop-A-Dile Big Bite
- Studio Calico Cooped Up (not available)
- Little Yellow Bicycle Santa Clear Cut (not available)
If you’d like to create a digital or hybrid album similar to my December Daily, I’ve uploaded a set of three templates to the Free Membership area. Not yet a member? Join. I’ll also be sharing some of my best simple tips for holiday albums (including a bonus journaling workbook) in our very next premium membership collection.