As we approach our 1000th post here at Simple Scrapper, I wanted to write a little on my philosophy of simple. To me, simple is much more than a design aesthetic. Simple is a specific and valuable memory keeping mindset.
- a desire to find meaning in everyday stories
- a commitment to process over product
- a method for getting more out of less
- a lifestyle that leaves space for living
I love scrapbooking so much than I often dream about it, but I love my family and my life too. When I launched this site in 2008, I set out to create a space where others could learn techniques to fit memory keeping into life in ways that are easy and satisfying.
I’ve worked and learned along with you to explore approaches that unite simple with scrapbooking. In particular, I’ve realized a few truths about less and more.
How to Get More from your Scrapbooking
- Scrap less to find time for more memory-making.
- Buy less to to leave space for more creativity.
- Take less photos to be more present in the moment.
- Organize less to find more time for scrapping.
- Browse less to find more inspiration within yourself.
I’d like to hear from you on this topic. What role does simplicity play in your memory keeping? How has less brought your more?