This week, Simple Scrapper is highlighting four design trends with the Digital Scrapbooking Product Guide.
Scrapping or designing in the Minimal/Distressed style often includes texture, gradients, script fonts and tiny details. It is actually a quite broad category, perhaps a catch-all for several styles that don’t quite fit elsewhere. It is perhaps a middle ground for the spectrum between Fresh/Artsy and Storybook/Fantasy.
Here are some examples that fit this style:
Shopping for Minimal/Distressed
If Minimal/Distressed is your favorite style, you might consider exploring these shops:
- After Five Designs
- Cat Scrap
- Funky Playground Designs
- The Lilypad
- Little Dreamer Designs
- Pickleberry Pop
- Scrap Artist
- Scrapbook Graphics
- Shabby Pickle
From these stores, I picked out some of my favorite Minimal/Distressed products.
I also polled DST readers on their favorite designers for each style. Who would you add to this list of favorite Minimal/Distressed designers?
- TaylorMade, Fei-Fei’s Stuff, Paislee Press at Oscraps.
- Vinnie Pearce at Pixel Canvas and Catscrap
- ViVa Artistry at Sunshine Studio Scraps and Get Digi With It
- Leora Sanford at Little Dreamer Designs
- Ali Edwards and Andrea Victoria at Designer Digitals
- Karla Dudley at After Five Designs
- Sahlin Studio at Scrap Matters
- Dreamer’s Magic Designs at Brownie Scraps
So tell me – why does this style appeal to you or not? In your opinion, what are the essential defining characteristics of Minimal/Distressed? Is this the right name for the style?