It was a busy weekend for digital scrapbooking! I kept my own shop smart tips in mind and snagged a few basics from Designer Digitals that I had been drooling over for a while now.
Then, I just had to scrap with my new stuff! I didn’t make a template for this layout, but I will if you pledge to make a card for Scrappers Give Thanks. Our first charitable challenge is in full-swing and I want to do whatever I can to encourage, support and thank each of you for participating.
1. Thanking you: I’ve been working hard on templates for your Scrappers Give Thanks goody bag, include this one: Template Heather.
2. Helping you: This Wednesday, November 11, is Veteran’s Day and Simple Scrapper will be co-guest-posting at Traci Reed’s blog with another card template for Scrappers Give Thanks. Traci is one of the many designers giving away generous gift certificates for participants.
3. Sharing with you: Next Saturday, November 14, Simple Scrapper will participate in a Veteran’s Day Bloghop organized by Operation Write Home. I’ll share some of the cards I’ve made and there will be lots of giveaways along the hop. You can sign up as well to share some of the cards you’ve made for Scrappers Give Thanks.
4. Motivating you: Here’s another video (embedded in this post below) to help remind you for whom we are thankful for this holiday season. Just one card for Scrappers Give Thanks will help a little girl feel closer to her daddy or give a wife more strength to endure deployment.
5. Connecting you: Do you have a loved one serving overseas? Sign up his or her unit to be a recipient of cards from Operation Write Home.
6. Loving you: We’ve got over 300 cards pledged so far for Scrappers Give Thanks. Thank you! Will you join us in helping heroes write home? Make sure to follow the directions and mail your cards so they are received on or before November 25!