Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. – Meryl Streep
In this new addition to Friday, I’ll be sharing a review of my memory keeping activities over the past week and invite you to do the same! Use this exercise to take stock of your productivity and make adjustments where necessary.
- I finished my 5.5″x8.5″ pregnancy + baby book! This project started as just a digital pregnancy album, but I loved the size so much that I’ve created an all-paper baby book to fit into the same D-ring album. I’ve already shot photos of the finished product and you’ll eventually be seeing those here again at Simple Scrapper.
- I left my camera easily accessible all week. As much as I love how easy it is to snap photos with my phone, I need to be more conscious of adorable photo opportunities while I am at home. My husband has been very helpful on this front, by reminding me to go pick up the camera and having me teach him how to use it.
- After our chat on Monday night, I’ve been fascinated by the concept of ‘simple art journaling’. I’ve been reading and absorbing a lot, trying to figure out how this type of activity might fit into my life. I’m thinking a more artful approach to a motherhood journal might be perfect.
What did you do this week? Share your recap in the comments.
- The Road Less Cluttered from Minimalist at Home
- Finding Balance from The Creative Mama
- The Half Step That Will Change Your Life from Zen Habits
- The Sad Story of Justin Case from Be More with Less
- The Courage to Create from Scoutie Girl
Every Friday at Simple Scrapper you are invited to join us for reflection on our memory keeping activities as well as our ongoing tradition ofÂ sharing simple tips, tutorials and inspiring ideas from around the web.