“For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.” – Edwin Way Teale
In this new addition to Friday, I’ll be sharing a review of my memory keeping activities over the past week and invite you to do the same! Use this exercise to take stock of your productivity and make adjustments where necessary.
- I don’t print a ton of 4×6 photos – instead they live on Flickr – but my mom appreciates having prints to flip through. This week I purchased a beautiful 12×12 American Crafts album (Mom, don’t peek!) to send to her with our first batch of baby pictures.
- I am already thinking and scheming about Christmas and beyond, especially as I work through our plans for the all-new Simple Pages / Simple Projects. My orders from Scrapbook.com, Two Peas in a Bucket and Jo-Ann all arrived this week. My favorite new goodies include:
- Finally, I installed the update to Instagram. While I try to use my regular camera a couple of times a week, so many of those in-the-moment memories continue to be captured with my iPhone.
What did you do this week? Share your recap in the comments.
- Creating ‘combo’ albums from Log Your Memory
- Scrapbooking with squares from Almost Never Clever
- Take control of your photo volume from Get it Scrapped
- Methods for getting new ideas from Paperclipping
- How to capture a panning photograph from The Daily Digi
Every Friday at Simple Scrapper you are invited to join us for reflection on our memory keeping activities as well as our ongoing tradition ofÂ sharing simple tips, tutorials and inspiring ideas from around the web.
I have to say that one thing I absolutely adore about PS and scrapbooking in particular are that they do make great gifts for just about anyone you take pictures of on a regular basis.
I have given scrapbooks/photo books to bosses and other people who are very hard to find an appropriate and meaningful gift for that doesn’t break the bank.
So true – most everyone appreciates the gift of memories!
I sorted through my Week in the Life photos in preparation of ordering prints and I sorted through my Las Vegas memorabilia to add to my travel scrapbook from that trip. Somehow, I managed to be productive considering the month I’ve had…
I hope next month is better!