Friendship Bonds by Jil Larson
Of all the months in the year, August is the one that goes by the fastest for me.
With the State Fair, my daughter’s birthday, and everything that goes with the back-to-school adventure, I know I’m going to blink once and it will be September. Maybe that’s why one of my creative heroes, Susannah Conway, leads her August Break each year? It’s a way of slowing down when it seems like time is running away!
I thought I would switch up this post and include a little more of my personal goings-on along with the Simple Scrapper announcements. I seem to volley back and forth between wanting to share openly and feeling intensely private. I guess this is the season for the former!
What’s New with Me
- I am still enjoying (and getting used to) my new Dell laptop. I found that using a USB-C to USB-C cable (affiliate link) is the fastest and most reliable way to transfer my video files and mirror my phone. I have been doing most of my video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro, but I am planning to use Camtasia for screen recordings.
- July also saw me getting used to a vertical-format Erin Condren LifePlanner. I have to be honest here, I miss my Deluxe Monthly and I probably shouldn’t have been in such a hurry. I’m considering building a frankenplanner by removing the weekly pages and adding extra lined pages from last year’s planner.
- A bit of burn-out (or a mid-life crisis) has been plaguing me, so I rebooted my lifestyle YouTube channel as a fun side project. Working on these videos has helped me see that, at the most basic level, I create web content that helps people. It’s helpful to feel there is something unifying to a work life that can feel disjointed.
What’s New at Simple Scrapper
- This month’s five new, beautifully-detailed sketches and templates were inspired by Jil Larson. These are featured and interpreted by our creative team in SPARK magazine #68, which is now available for members. Plus, our latest design challenge centers on Jil’s creative title work.
- On August 15 our next Pop-Up Workshop, Trello for Scrapbookers, will be released. The Pop-Up Workshops are bite-sized, action-oriented classes on hot topics. These are available exclusively to members. Other topics currently in our library include mixed media and apps.
- In case you missed it, I hosted a four-part mini class on the Scrapbook Your Way podcast: Your Mid-Year Creative Reboot. Episodes 23 through 26 were 10-minute lessons designed to help you start fresh for the second half of 2019. Plus, I highlight our free resources to help even more!
- August 2 – Open Crop Time @ 7 p.m.
- August 7 – Lightroom Office Hours @ 1 p.m.
- August 8 – Lightroom Office Hours @ 8:30 p.m.
- August 16 – Open Crop Time @ 7 p.m.
- August 22 – Trello Office Hours @ 8:30 p.m.
- August 23 – Trello Office Hours @ 1 p.m.
- August 29 – Book Club: My Morning Routine @ 8:30 p.m.
If you’ve been enjoying the content I share on the podcast, I’d love for you to join us in the My Simple Scrapper community. You can try a month of membership for just $10 to see if it’s a great fit for you!