Though the calendar says we are technically still in Q2, June certainly marks the official start to summer here in the northern hemisphere. It’s the time of year for yard work (or play!), grilling out, and adventures near and far.
This month our focus is on supporting your summer self-care and memory-making in two specific ways: (1) encouraging you to be more peaceful and playful by using mixed media and (2) offering a concentrated burst of photo organization during our upcoming theme week. The busyness of this time of year means you need both!
This Month’s Events
- June 3 – Chat: Mixed Media Backgrounds @ 8:30 p.m.
- June 7 – Open Crop Time @ 7 p.m.
- Crop: Mixed Media Backgrounds at 8:30 p.m.
- June 15 – Open Crop Time @ 7 p.m.
- June 18 to June 24 – Theme Week: Photo Crush
- June 21 – Open Crop Time @ 7 p.m.
- June 27 – Book Club: Craft a Life Your Love @ 8:30 p.m.
SPARK Magazine #66
The latest edition of your favorite magazine includes beautiful examples of this month’s creative tools as well as an exclusive article offering a boost of inspiration for this month’s Photo Crush theme week! Three new sketches were inspired by your requests for more two-page layouts and our storytelling prompts explore what it means to take care of yourself and others.
And finally, here’s one more taste of what’s been going on inside of the My Simple Scrapper community:
- From our go-to supplies to what skills we’d like to improve, recent member polls show just how similar (and how different!) we are when it comes to scrapbooking.
- Our most recent pop-up workshop, Mixed Media Backgrounds for Beginners, is live! Jennifer takes you through 7 different techniques to create 12 simple backgrounds using a variety of supplies. What will you create?
- Member Peggy C. has created a monthly challenge series focused on using your stash. There is no deadline, so join in anytime and make a dent in your supplies!
You can get this month’s issue of SPARK, invitations to all of our member events, and access to our community when you become a My Simple Scrapper member.